How to Get to San Blas?
Fly in style
Exclusive San Blas sailing shared private plane for just USD 300 R-T per person!
We recommend you to fly to San Blas. Our fleet base is located at the eastern side of this archipelago. Guests flight straight to Corazon de Jesus Island. Flying to San Blas is more comfortable and faster than any other way to get there. From Panama City, the flight takes only 45 minutes vs the 3,5 hours by road and water taxi. The air views over the 365 island are amazing.
Tired of crowded airports or uncomfortable itineraries? San Blas Sailing can also help you rent a plane or helicopter from almost anywhere (within Panama) at your schedule and without delays.
Sail to San Blas
From May to the first days of December, one can also board at Linton Bay Marina , located on the Caribbean side and sail to san blas. Most boats offer a courtesy day before arriving at about 17:00 so guests can get installed and have first dinner aboard: some boats sail at night to san blas, others from sunrise. Same way to get back. San Blas sailing can organize for you the 90 mn ground transportation Panama city – marina – Panama city.
skippers accept guest to embark even at night for the one arriving late the day before the charter. E.G boarding at 02:00 am !!
ALL SAN BLAS SAILING YACHTS CARRY NECESSARY CHARTER INSURANCE AND ALSO A 1M$ ADICIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
Don’t leave your vacations budget in unknown hands: READ
Drive to Carti, San Blas (currently NOT available for tourists)
Even if the new road is totally paved, the hills are though requiring a lot of traction on each wheel, the car must be 4X4 or 4X2. From Panama City to San Blas it takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- Make sure you have confirmed with a San Blas Sailing Adviser on which pier you are embarking (San Blas has 3 piers).
- From Panama City take the Corredor Sur as if you are going to the Tocumen International Airport, but instead of entering the airport continue straight until you exit the Corredor Sur.
- Follow by the exit of the Corredor Sur you will see the towns of 24 de Diciembre (+20 minutes), Pacora (+30 minutes) and finally Chepo (+20 minutes) .
- After the town of Chepo there is an AB gas station at your right hand (continue straight), and just 10 minutes after that gas station you will see the entrance of San Blas at your left hand, turn to the left (this part has no deviations).
- After 1 hour you will reach the first of 2 checkpoints, where you will pay The Kuna Entrance Tax, $10 per person. 10 minutes later you will reach the second checkpoint, where everyone will be asked for the passport.
- You have reached San Blas